There has been much excitement today as Disney World has finally announced new Annual Passes will go on sale beginning September 8th, 2021. Florida residents, as usual, have the most options to choose from. Also, Florida residents are the only group that can choose any of the four annual pass options. In addition to this, they continue to be the only group that can pay on a monthly basis (after an initial downpayment). Let’s take look at the differences in annual pass options for Disney World locals.
Disney Pixie Dust Pass ($399 +tax or $19 per month for FL residents with $205 down):
The Pixie Dust Pass is the most cost-efficient of the four. It allows you to hold up to three park reservations at a time (similar to currently). The biggest thing to note for this pass is the block-out dates. You can see the block-out calendar here. Basically, every Saturday and Sunday is blocked out as well as all holiday weekends, the 50th Anniversary main dates (10/1-10/3), and the typical longer periods around major holidays.
Disney Pirate Pass ($699 +tax or $45 per month for FL residents with $205 down)
The Pirate Pass is the next one up. This is similar in price to the former resident and DVC member-only Gold Pass, with noticeable differences in the block-out dates. First, with this pass, you’re able to hold up to four park reservations at a time. Next, the block-out dates are more than Gold Passes had. With the Pirate Pass, all holiday weekends are blocked out along with the longer periods around major holidays. Also for 2021, October 1-3 are also blocked out for the 50th Anniversary. Check out the Pirate Pass block-out dates here.
Disney Sorcerer’s Pass ($899 +tax or $63 per month for FL residents with $205 down)
The Sorcerer’s Pass is the first pass that is available to more than just Florida residents as Disney Vacation Club direct members can also purchase this pass. This is more similar to what the Gold Pass looked like before. The block-out dates as you can see here are only surrounding Christmas and Thanksgiving. Previously, Gold Passholders were not blocked out around Thanksgiving but instead were for Easter. Easter is now fair game for Sorcer’s Passholders. Also, this pass allows you to hold up to five park reservations at a time.
Disney Incredi-Pass ($1299 +tax or $99 a month for FL residents with $205 down)
The final and top-tier pass is available to everyone. It has no block-out dates and allows guests to make up to five park reservations at a time. The only benefit of being a Florida resident here is the ability to pay for it monthly.
Other Important Facts
- Photo Pass is an additional add on of $99 per pass per year (less if you are renewing)
- Water Parks and Sports is another add on of $99 per pass per year (also less if you are renewing)
- Theme Park parking is included in all Annual Passes
- All Passes include food and shopping discounts up to 20%
- Annual Passholders staying at on property at a Disney resort or other select resorts may make park passes for each day of their stay in addition to their Annual Pass allotment.
- Current Passholders as of 9/8/2021 will have their allotment of park passes raised to 5 for Platinum Plus, Platinum, and Gold and 4 for Silver.
- Current Passholders will keep their current passes until they expire. At renewal, they can renew to the updated passes.
With the excitement of Annual Passes returning, if you are interested in getting started on your Florida home purchase, our Moving to Orlando REALTORS are here to help you navigate the market. Take a moment to fill out our contact form, and someone will be in contact with you!